1. Please read carefully!
2. What information do we collect?
2.1. Visitor and User Information
We collect two types of information regarding our Visitors and Users:
1. Un-identified and non-identifiable information pertaining to a Visitor or un-identified User, which may be made available to us, or collected automatically via his/her use of the Services (“Non-personal Information”). Such Non-personal Information does not enable us to identify the Visitor or User from whom it was collected. The Non-personal Information collected by us mainly consists of technical and aggregated usage information, such as Visitors’ and Users’ browsing and ‘click-stream’ activity on the Services, session heatmaps and scrolls, non-identifying information regarding the Visitor’s or User’s device, operating system, internet browser, screen resolution, language and keyboard settings, internet service provider, referring/exit pages, date/time stamps, etc.
2. Individually identifiable information, namely information that identifies an individual or may with reasonable efforts cause the identification of an individual, or may be of private or sensitive nature (“Personal Information”). The Personal Information collected by us mainly consists of contact details (e.g., e-mail address or phone number), billing details (name, physical billing address, payment method and transaction details), which are only collected from Users with Paid Services, details regarding a browsing or usage session (IP address, Geo-location and/or device unique identifier), details regarding connected third party accounts (such as the e-mail or username for a connected PayPal, Google or Facebook account), scanned identification documents provided to us (such as an ID card, driver’s license, passport or official company registration documents), correspondences (including those made through or uploaded to our Services), and any other Personal Information provided to us by Visitors and/or Users through their access to and/or use of the Services. For the avoidance of doubt, any Non-personal Information that is connected or linked to Personal Information (for example, in order to improve the Services we offer) is deemed and treated by us as Personal Information, as long as such connection or linkage exists.
3. How do we collect such information?
There are two main methods we use:
1. We collect information through your use of the Services. When you visit or use our Services, including when you browse the Website or any User Website, register a User Account, edit your User Website and upload information and content, and/or download and use any Golf Vision Apps and/or Mobile Apps, we are aware of it and will usually gather, collect and record such uses, sessions and related information, either independently or with the help of third-party services as detailed in Section 8 below, including through the use of “cookies” and other tracking technologies, as further detailed in Section 9 below.
2. We collect information which you provide us voluntarily. For example, we collect the Personal Information you provide us when you register to our Services; when you sign in to our Services via third party services such as Facebook or Google; when you place purchases and/or register domain names; when you submit or upload such Personal Information as you use any of our Services; and/or when you contact us directly by any communication channel (e.g., emails).
3. We also collect information from third party sources.
4. Why do we collect such information?
We collect such Non-personal and Personal Information for the following purposes:
1. To provide and operate the Services;
2. To further develop, customize and improve our Services, based on Visitors’ and Users’ common or personal preferences, experiences and difficulties;
3. To provide our Users with ongoing customer assistance and technical support;
4. To be able to contact our Visitors and Users with general or personalized service-related notices and promotional messages;
5. To facilitate, sponsor and offer certain contests, events and promotions, determine participants’ eligibility, monitor performance, contact winners and grant prizes and benefits;
6. To create aggregated statistical data and other aggregated and/or inferred Non-personal Information, which we or our business partners may use to provide and improve our respective services;
7. To enhance our data security and fraud prevention capabilities;
8. To comply with any applicable laws and regulations.
We will only use your Personal Information for the purposes set out in Section 4 where we are satisfied that:
1. our use of your Personal Information is necessary to perform a contract or take steps to enter into a contract with you (e.g. to provide you with a website builder, to provide you with our customer assistance and technical support), or
2. our use of your Personal Information is necessary to comply with a relevant legal or regulatory obligation that we have, or
3. our use of your Personal Information is necessary to support legitimate interests that we have as a business (for example, to maintain and improve our Services by identifying user trends and the effectiveness of Golf Vision campaigns and identifying technical issues), provided it is conducted at all times in a way that is proportionate, and that respects your privacy rights.
5. Where do we store your information?
Golf Vision Visitors’, Golf Vision Users’ and Users-of-Users’ Personal Information are stored in a data center located in the United States of America. We may use other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law and in other jurisdictions as necessary for the proper delivery of our Services and/or as may be required by law (as further explained below).
Please note that permanently deleting your Golf Vision account erases all of your information from Golf Vision's databases. After completing this process, you can no longer use any of your Golf Vision Services, your User Account and all its data will be removed permanently, and Golf Vision will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact Golf Vision Support in the future, the system will not recognize your account and Support agents will not be able to locate the deleted account.
6. Users-of-users’ information
Golf Vision may collect, store and process certain Non-personal and Personal Information of Users-of-Users (“Users-of-Users Information”), solely on our Users’ behalf and at their direction. For example, each of our Users is able to import their e-mail contacts from third party services like Gmail, or otherwise collect and manage contacts via their User Website. Such contacts are then stored with Golf Vision, on the User’s behalf.
For such purposes, Golf Vision serves and shall be considered as a “Processor” and not as the “Controller” of such Users-of-Users Information. The Users controlling and operating such User Websites shall be considered as the “Controllers” of such Users-of-Users Information, and are responsible for complying with all laws and regulations that may apply to the collection and control of such Users-of-Users Information, including all privacy and data protection laws of all relevant jurisdictions. Subject to applicable law, Golf Vision will process your User-of-Users Information in accordance with the Data Processing Agreement
You are responsible for the security, integrity and authorized usage of your Users-of-Users’ Personal Information, and for obtaining consents, permissions and providing any fair processing notices required for the collection and usage of such information.
Golf Vision cannot provide legal advice to Users or their Users-of-Users, however we do recommend that all Users publish and maintain clear and comprehensive privacy policies on their User Websites, in accordance with the applicable laws and regulations, and that all Users-of-Users carefully read those policies and make sure that they consent to them.
If you are a visitor, user or customer of any of our Users, please read the following: Golf Vision has no direct relationship with the individual Users-of-Users whose Personal Information it processes. If you are a visitor, user or customer of any of our Users, and would like to make any requests or queries regarding your Personal Information, please contact such User(s) directly. For example, if you wish to access, correct, amend, or delete inaccurate information processed by Golf Vision on behalf of its Users, please direct your query to the relevant User (who is the “Controller” of such data). If requested to remove any Users-of-Users’ Personal Information, we will respond to such request within thirty (30) days. Unless otherwise instructed by our User, we will retain their Users-of-Users’ Personal Information for the period set forth.
7. Sharing personal information with third parties
Golf Vision may share your Personal Information with third parties (or otherwise allow them access to it) only in the following manners and instances:
7.1. Third Party Services:
Golf Vision has partnered with a number of selected service providers, whose services and solutions complement, facilitate and enhance our own. Such Third Party Services may receive or otherwise have access to our Visitors’ and Users’ Personal Information and/or Users-of-Users’ Personal Information, in its entirety or in part – depending on each of their particular roles and purposes in facilitating and enhancing our Services and business, and may only use it for such purposes.
Golf Vision is accountable for Personal Information that it receives. In particular, Golf Vision remains responsible and liable if third-party agents that it engages to process the Personal Information on its behalf do so in a manner inconsistent with the Principles, unless Golf Vision proves that it is not responsible for the event giving rise to the damage.
7.2. Law Enforcement, Legal Requests and Duties:
Where permitted by local data protection laws, Golf Vision may disclose or otherwise allow others access to your Personal Information pursuant to a legal request, such as a subpoena, legal proceedings, search warrant or court order, or in compliance with applicable laws, if we have good faith belief that the law requires us to do so, with or without notice to you.
7.3. Protecting Rights and Safety:
Golf Vision may share your Personal Information with others if we believe in good faith that this will help protect the rights, property or personal safety of Golf Vision, any of our Users, any Users-of-Users, or any member of the general public, with or without notice to you.
7.4. Golf Vision Subsidiaries and Affiliated Companies:
To clarify, Golf Vision may share your Personal Information in manners other than as described above, pursuant to your explicit approval, or if we are legally obligated to do so. Moreover, Golf Vision may transfer, share, disclose or otherwise use Non-personal Information in its sole discretion and without the need for further approval.
Golf Vision, together with its marketing, analytics and technology partners, may use certain monitoring and tracking technologies (such as cookies, beacons, pixels, tags and scripts). These technologies are used in order to maintain, provide and improve our Services on an ongoing basis, and in order to provide our Visitors, our Users and their Users-of-Users with a better experience. For example, thanks to these technologies, we are able to maintain and keep track of our Visitor’s and Users’ preferences and authenticated sessions, to better secure our Services, to identify technical issues, user trends and effectiveness of campaigns, and to monitor and improve the overall performance of our Services.
Cookies: In order for some of these technologies to work properly, a small data file (“cookie”) must be downloaded and stored on your device. By default, we use several persistent cookies for purposes of session and user authentication, security, keeping the User’s preferences (e.g., regarding default language and settings), connection stability (e.g., for uploading media, using e-Commerce features, etc.), monitoring performance of our services and marketing campaigns, and generally providing and improving our services.
If you want to delete or block any cookies, please refer to the help and support area on your internet browser for instructions on how to locate the file or directory that stores cookies. Information on deleting or controlling cookies is also available at https://www.aboutcookies.org/(note that this website is not provided by Golf Vision, and we, therefore, cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability).
Please note that deleting our cookies or disabling future cookies or tracking technologies may prevent you from accessing certain areas or features of our Services, or may otherwise adversely affect your user experience.
Clear Gifs: We and certain Third Party Services may employ a software technology called “clear gifs” (a.k.a. Web Beacons/Web Bugs), which enables them and us to improve our Services by measuring their effectiveness and performance. Clear gifs are tiny graphics with a unique identifier, similar in function to cookies, however are not stored on your device, but instead embedded within our Services.
Flash and HTML5: We and certain Third Party Services may also employ certain tracking technologies known as “Flash cookies” and “HTML5”, mainly for advertising purposes. Various browsers may offer their own management tools for removing or blocking such technologies. Additional information about managing Flash cookies is available here.
(Please note that this website is not provided by Golf Vision, and we therefore cannot ensure its accuracy, completeness or availability).
Behavioral Targeting/Re-Targeting: Certain Third Party Services and ad networks may display advertising on our Website, on Golf Vision Apps and on Golf Vision mobile apps, or manage our advertising on other websites. Such parties may use certain tracking technologies to collect certain information about your activities on the Services and different third party Services to provide you with targeted advertising based on your interests and preferences. You may opt-out of receiving targeted ads from certain advertisers and ad networks by clicking here (or if you are located in the European Union click here (provided by YourChoicesOnline.eu). Please note this does not opt you out of receiving all advertising and that your opt-out will only be in relation to the specific advertising. You will continue to receive advertising for which you have not opted out.
User Data Supplementation: We may receive information about you from other sources, including publicly available databases or third parties from whom we have purchased data, and combine this data with information we already have about you. This helps us to update, expand and analyze our records, identify new customers, and provide products and Services that may be of interest to you. Where we obtain your Personal Information from these third parties, we ensure that such parties are contractually committed to inform you that your Personal Information will be disclosed to us and we take steps to ensure the accuracy of your Personal Information before using it. If you provide us personal information about others, or if others give us your information, we will only use that information for the specific reason for which it was provided to us.
“Do Not Track” Signals: Please note that we do not change our practices in response to a “Do Not Track” signal in the HTTP header from a browser or mobile application.
9. Communications from Golf Vision
9.1. Promotional Messages:
We may use your Personal Information to send you promotional content and messages by e-mail, text messages, direct text messages, marketing calls and similar forms of communication from Golf Vision or our partners (acting on Golf Vision’s behalf) through such means.
If you do not wish to receive such promotional messages or calls, you may notify Golf Vision at any time or follow the “unsubscribe” or STOP instructions contained in the promotional communications you receive.
We take steps to limit the promotional content we send you to a reasonable and proportionate level, and to send you information which we believe may be of interest or relevance to you, based on your information.
9.2. Service and Billing Messages:
Golf Vision may also contact you with important information regarding our Services, or your use thereof.
For example, we may send you a notice (through any of the means available to us) if a certain Service is temporarily suspended for maintenance; send you reminders or warnings regarding upcoming or late payments for your current or upcoming subscriptions; forward abuse complaints regarding your User Website; or notify you of material changes in our Services.
It is important that you are always able to receive such messages. For this reason, you are not be able to opt-out of receiving such Service and Billing Messages unless you are no longer a Golf Vision Visitor or User (which can be done by deactivating your account).
We may also contact you with service and billing-related messages and content. You will not be able to opt-out of receiving such messages.
10. Your rights in relation to your personal information
It is imperative that you have control over your Personal Information. That’s why Golf Vision is taking steps to enable you to access, receive a copy of, update, amend, delete, or limit the use of your Personal Information.
Before disclosing the requested Personal Information, we may ask you for additional information in order to confirm your identity and for security purposes. We reserve the right to charge a fee where permitted by law (e.g., if your request is unfounded or excessive).
You have the right to file a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection (but we still recommend that you contact us first).
If you are a Golf Vision Visitor or User, and you wish to receive a copy, access and/or request us to make corrections to the Personal Information that you have stored with us (either yours or your Users-of-Users’), or wish to request a list of what Personal Information (if any) pertaining to you we disclosed to third parties for direct marketing purposes, please contact us by email at email@example.com
We will make all reasonable efforts to honor your request promptly (unless we require further information from you in order to fulfill your request), subject to legal and other permissible considerations.
Please note that permanently deleting your Golf Vision account erases all of your information from Golf Vision's databases. After completing this process, you can no longer use any of your Golf Vision services, your account and all its data will be removed permanently, and Golf Vision will not be able to restore your account or retrieve your data in the future. If you contact Golf Vision Support in the future, the system will not recognize your account and Support agents will not be able to locate the deleted account.
11. Questions and Complaints
We take every privacy complaint seriously and will make all reasonable efforts to resolve your complaint promptly. Our target response time is 30 days.
You can file a complaint with your local supervisory authority for data protection at any time, however we recommend that you contact us first so we can try to resolve it.
12. Data Retention
We may continue to retain such Personal Information even after you deactivate your User Account and/or cease to use any particular Services, as reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations, to resolve disputes regarding our Users or their Users-of-Users, prevent fraud and abuse, enforce our agreements and/or protect our legitimate interests.
We maintain a data retention policy which we apply to information in our care. Where your Personal Information is no longer required we will ensure it is securely deleted.
Golf Vision has implemented security measures designed to protect the Personal Information you share with us, including physical, electronic and procedural measures. Among other things, we offer HTTPS secure access to most areas on our Services; the transmission of sensitive payment information (such as a credit card number) through our designated purchase forms is protected by an industry standard SSL/TLS encrypted connection; and we regularly maintain a PCI DSS (Payment Card Industry Data Security Standards) certification. We also regularly monitor our systems for possible vulnerabilities and attacks, and regularly seek new ways and Third Party Services for further enhancing the security of our Services and protection of our Visitors’ and Users’ privacy.
Regardless of the measures and efforts taken by Golf Vision, we cannot and do not guarantee the absolute protection and security of your Personal Information, your Users-of-Users’ Information or any other User Content you upload, publish or otherwise share with Golf Vision or anyone else.
We therefore encourage you to set strong passwords for your User Account and User Website, and avoid providing us or anyone with any sensitive information of which you believe its disclosure could cause you substantial or irreparable harm. Furthermore, because certain areas on our Services are less secure than others (for example, if you set your Support forum ticket to be “Public” instead of “Private”, or if you browse to a non-SSL page), and since e-mail and instant messaging are not recognized as secure forms of communications, we request and encourage you not to share any Personal Information on any of these areas or via any of these methods.
If you have any questions regarding the security of our Services, you are welcome to contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
14. Public forums and user content
Our Services offer publicly accessible blogs, communities and support forums. Please be aware that any information you provide in any such areas may be read, collected, and used by others who access them. To request removal of your Personal Information from our blogs, communities or forums, feel free to contact us at: email@example.com. In some cases, we may not be able to remove your Personal Information from such areas. For example, if you use a third party application to post a comment (e.g., the Facebook social plugin application) while logged in to your related profile with such third party, you must login into such application or contact its provider if you want to remove the Personal Information you posted on that platform.
In any event, we advise against posting any information (or use any posting means to post information) you don’t wish to publicize on these platforms.
If you upload any User Content to your User Account or post it on your User Website and provide it in any other way as part of the use of any Service, you do so at your own risk.
We have put adequate security measures in place to protect your Personal Information. However, we cannot control the actions of other Users or members of the public who may access your User Content, and are not responsible for the circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures you or we may have placed on your User Website (including, for instance, password-protected areas on your User Website). You understand and acknowledge that, even after its removal by you or us, copies of User Content may remain viewable in cached and archived pages or if any third parties (including any of your Users-of-Users) have copied or stored such User Content. To clarify, we advise against uploading or posting any information you do not wish to be public.
15. Updates and interpretation
16. Contacting us